Input-Output (Model for download)
An aggregated version of the Input-Output model is available for download.
- The download comprises a R script and the data file (.rds) that contains the Input-Output data sets.
- The files can be used to derive Energy Demand for the year 2014 by functionality or final demand structure
- Inputs for the simulation are
- Composition of functionality satisfiers and levels thereof (2014 = 1)
- Composition of final demand by commodity (Mio. Euro)
- Outputs shown in the figure
- the energy demand of 2014 by functionality and related to export
- further disaggregated by
- Five Energy types (fossil, waste, biomass energy sources, ambient heat, electricity)
- Purpose of use
- Thermal: high or low temperature
- Mechanical, for mobile or stationary engines
- Specific electric , as for IT, lightning
Instructions to reproduce diagram
The download comprises a R script and the data file (.rds) that contains the Input-Output data sets. The execution of the script produces two Excel-files (.xlsx) that represent primary and final energy demand related to functionalities and their levels
To achive that the following steps need to be followed:
- download the r-script and the data file (rds) from econtrans.at
- download and install R-Software (www.r-project.org);
- (optional) download and install Rstudio (www.rstudio.com) – a user friendly environment for R – is recommended
- adapt the path to the rds file in the R-script
- the level of functionalities and their satisfiers can be set in the script; in the original script all levels are set to 1 which represents the level of 2014
- the execution of the script results in two Excel-files (.xlsx) that contain the primary and final demand related to the functionalities and their levels.